Wednesday 30 September 2015

What I ate Wednesday: Thailand

When I first came to Thailand I found it quite hard with ordering food, I think I just ate fried rice for this first month! So I wanted to make these little 'What I ate Wednesday: Thailand' blogs and videos to help people with what they can eat in Thailand and how to order food in Thailand.



So for breakfast I had some Greek Style Yogurt and Melon or "cantaloupe".  I really like starting the day with fruit, I just feel like it makes me feel really fresh and sets my mind to eating healthier throughout the rest of the day! I absolutely love putting yoghurt with any kind of fruit and cantaloupe is actually my favourite fruit to eat in Thailand (besides Mango, obviously). 



Which brings me to the next thing I had, a lovely jar of squeezed mango juice, delicious, delicious DELICIOUS (I told you I loved mango).



For lunch, I had something really simple because it was raining (heavily, I'm not wimping when it comes to a drop of rain like a lot of Thai people *cough*) and I didn't have much food in the house! So it was whole grain toast with almond paste. Oh and some pitted olives which I'm kind of obsessed with if I'm honest. I wish they were cheaper here, imported foods are always way too expensive *sigh*

Finally for dinner I had some mixed vegetables and plain rice. Or as they say in Thailand:



"Pak pak ruam rad kaow'

Pak meaning vegetables
Ruam meaning mixed.
Rad meaning with.
Kaow meaning rice.
(I'm a Thai pro, clearly).

Finally I had an iced cappuccino! 'Cappuccino yen'. 

Yen meaning cold.


Also, obsessed..... Ah well, that's life.

Lots of love 'n' stuff

Nicola ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment